Initiatives for SDGs
The Elematec Group is expanding its business in a broad range of fields, such as automotive, medical equipment, energy and infrastructure. It is doing so by leveraging the unique functions of planning, development, design and manufacturing service among others, in addition to its field capabilities nurtured through responding to customer needs for decades. These businesses present several cases of business activity that can contribute to achieving SDGs. Accordingly, we will strive to continue providing added value toward realizing a sustainable society, as an integrated service company that bolsters new manufacturing for a new era.
The Group's approach to initiatives
The Group's initiatives to realize a sustainable society are generally classified into (1) and (2) below;
(1) Initiatives through sales activities
Products and services, which connect to each goal of SDGs in each market (field) the Group focuses upon, are extracted based on the degree of contribution to society and from the perspective of continuity, etc.
(2) Contributing to society as a corporate citizen
The items that contribute to the purposes of SDGs are identified by listing CSR and governance activities the Group is focusing upon.
- We make donations globally to countries and regions that are suffering from worsening starvation, poverty and medical problems through international NPOs or related organizations.
- We contribute to realizing a safe society without traffic accidents by developing and distributing electronic and other materials for autonomous vehicles, and planning and developing drive recorders while expanding sales of their materials.
- We contribute to creating an environment that enables everyone to receive high-quality preventive medicine and appropriate medical care by distributing electronic and other materials for various types of medical equipment.
- We contribute to improving the energy efficiency of automobiles by distributing electronic and other materials for highly environmentally friendly cars, such as PHEVs and EVs.
- We contribute to efficient utilization of electricity by distributing materials for secondary batteries mounted in cars, buses, railways and industrial equipment, such as elevators.
- We contribute to promoting the use of renewable power by distributing materials required for it.
- We contribute to solving labor shortages at manufacturing sites and realizing high productivity there by distributing industrial robots and related systems that help enhance productivity.
- We promote educational activities for enhancing our competitiveness in the global community by preparing a systematic training system for all employees.
- We contribute to improving stable infrastructure by distributing materials for secondary batteries mounted in cars, buses, railways and industrial equipment, such as elevators.
- We contribute to the establishment of next-generation telecommunications infrastructure that is safe, secure and highly convenient by distributing electronic and other materials for 5G base stations, which will be a foundation for new technological innovation.
- We set forth the Ten Provisions of Code of Ethical Conduct: CODE 10 that embodies the CSR policies of the Company. We strive to foster a corporate culture that embraces diverse values and respects the rights of all people involved in our business activities, regardless of gender, nationality or age.
- We contribute to enhancing the safety of traffic by planning and developing drive recorders used in buses and taxis and expanding sales of their electronic and other materials.
- We contribute to reducing CO₂ emissions in urban areas by distributing materials for secondary batteries mounted in cars, buses, railways and industrial equipment, such as elevators.
- We contribute to reducing environmental impact and the efficient use of natural resources by distributing biodegradable materials.
- We are ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified and are operating quality and environmental management systems. We contribute to the realization of a recycling-oriented society by securing the quality of products in our lineup and promoting recycling activities.
- Elematec Logi Serve Corporation, a subsidiary of the Company, acquired ISO17025 certification and provides product inspection services as a testing facility equipped with international analytical methodology. The subsidiary endeavors to provide eco-friendly electronic and other materials by inspecting whether or not environmentally hazardous substances are contained in electronic materials and other. for distribution and carrying out RoHS- and REACH-related analysis.
- We contribute to reducing environmental impact and creating a sustainable society by distributing packaging supplies made of plant-derived materials that are easy to recycle and help reduce CO₂ emissions.
- We contribute to creating a decarbonized society by distributing materials that are required for the use of renewable power.
- We endeavor to improve our corporate governance system and compliance system that are appropriate for us to be trusted by all stakeholders, and expand fair and highly transparent business activities so as to maximize corporate value. In this way, we are fulfilling our corporate social responsibilities.